Hamilton County Environmental Services has two divisions: Hamilton County R3Source and Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency. We offer a highly competitive benefits package and generous paid time off.
January 30, 2023
Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency: Environmental Technician - 1 opening, 3 levels depending upon experience
General Job Description:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Technology field (Environmental related studies preferred) which includes Engineering Technology, Industrial Laboratory Technology, Environmental Control/Protection, Environmental Health Science or related field (1 year of Air Monitoring experience preferred).
- or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates knowledge of Federal and State regulations, air monitoring techniques, and ability to collect and evaluate data.
- must have valid driver’s license issued by the state of residency
- Travels to and gains access to field work locations (e.g., climbs ladders and steps and uses air sampling equipment to collect particulate samples according to prescribed methods and compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g., strip chart, continuous air analysis equipment, high volume air samples filters, etc.); measures ambient concentration of pollutants (e.g., carbon monoxide, ozone, hydrocarbon, etc.); verifies validity of collected data; posts information onto State and Federal reporting forms; determines compliance with OEPA codes and other regulatory requirements; prepares information for distribution (e.g., air quality index, etc.)
- Performs preventative maintenance and minor repair to equipment used; checks and performs routine calibration; changes brushes and filters; re-wires transformers and timers; replaces and repairs work or defective parts, motors, pumps; orders parts and supplies; conducts on-site inspections to ensure compliance with departmental standards of quality assurance and ambient air-monitoring standards.
- Prepares and submits reports and documentation using department computer system and other resources (e.g., daily, monthly sample results, Ohio EPA and other state and federal reports).
For more information and to apply, follow this link.