Hefty ReNew Recycling
Rumpke and Hefty have partnered to expand the list of items that can be recycled in your curbside bin through the Hefty ReNew program. Through this program, residents and businesses can now recycle plastic food bags and liners, as well as bubble wrap, foam block packaging, and much more. Please rinse/wipe out food residue before recycling. Watch the video and check the FAQ for more details!
- What is the Hefty ReNew Bag?
The Hefty ReNew Bag allows you to recycle items that Rumpke is unable to recycle on their own. The items can still go in your curbside bin; to recycle them, you need to purchase a separate orange Hefty ReNew bag to collect the items. Once you fill a Hefty ReNew bag, simply put it in your Rumpke recycling cart or recycling dumpster for collection.
- How do I get a Hefty ReNew bag?
- Purchase orange Hefty ReNew bags at your local Kroger grocery stores. Hefty ReNew bags will become available in November.
- Get a free starter kit at hefty.com/products/hefty-renew/renew-communities/ohio/cincinnati-program.
- If you are a commercial customer and would like to participate in the program, contact your Rumpke representative directly to purchase Hefty ReNew bags.
- What else can I recycle with a Hefty ReNew Bag?
Here is a complete list:
- Transparent bags and wrappers for chips, candy, granola, and dry mix bags for cereal, cake mix, powder.
- Foam egg cartons.
- Salad and cheese bags.
- Fresh and frozen vegetable and fruit bags.
- Food storage bags.
- Plastic wraps on paper towels and toilet paper.
- Dry or wet disposable cleaning cloths.
- Plastic grocery bags.
- Bubble wrap.
- Pillow packs.
- Foam packing peanuts.
- Foam block packaging.
- Clear plastic overwrap.
- Plastic straws, stirrers and utensils.
- Plastic plates and bowls.
- Foam to-go containers, cups, plates and bowls.
Please rinse/wipe out food residue before recycling.
- What can’t be recycled in a Hefty ReNew bag?
The following items are not acceptable in Hefty ReNew bags:
- Batteries or electronics.
- Food, liquid or coffee grounds.
- Cans, glass or PVC.
- Plastic bottles, tubs or PET #1 containers.
- Paper, cartons or boxes.
- Medical products or hazardous waste.
- Hoses, tubes or rope.
- Foil or aluminum.
- What happens to the materials in my Hefty ReNew bag?
Rumpke will pick up your Hefty ReNew bag along with the rest of your recyclables in your curbside recycling bin or recycling drop-off dumpster. The Hefty ReNew bags will be separated from other recyclables at the local Materials Recovery Facility. The Hefty ReNews bags will be compressed in giant bales and then shipped to Hefty to be recycled into new plastic products.
- Is the Hefty ReNew Program offered in counties surrounding Hamilton County?
The program is available to customers in eight Tri-State counties and can also go in Rumpke's recycling drop box locations.
- Ohio: Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, Warren
- Indiana: Dearborn
- Kentucky: Boone, Campbell, Kenton